The start of spring also signals the start of the arrival of luscious, locally-grown Australian asparagus, a great addition to any spring meal. This Garlic Asparagus, Peas and Feta on Sourdough recipe is an easy meal, perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Asparagus, Peas + Feta
• 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
• 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 1/4 cup mint leaves
• 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
• 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
• 1 tbsp dukkah
• salt & pepper
1. Cut each asparagus spear into two or three pieces.
2. Preheat oil a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and asparagus and cook 3 – 4 minutes
until the spears are bright green and tender-crisp. Add peas and toss to warm through,
season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in mint leaves.
3. Spoon asparagus mixture over the toast. Top with feta and dukkah, serve immediately.