As a qualified personal trainer and life coach with more than 25 year’s industry experience, Lisa Morgan developed the Morganics Seasonal Living philosophy based on the fact that every season has its own unique energy and characteristics. By mirroring these as part of our everyday lives, we can achieve enhanced physical and mental health and be more in-tune with our bodies, minds and the environment. Here is a healthy, quick and easy recipe for Beetroot Soup from the Morganics Seasonal Recipe Collection.
Autumn Beetroot Soup
Published on April 18, 2018
- 4 extra large beetroots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 150 g raw cashews (preferably organic)
- 3/4 bunch fresh dill
- 1 L vegetable stock (preferably organic and/or homemade)
- 200 mL coconut milk
- 2 tbs natural Greek yoghurt (and 1 tbs extra per person for garnish)
- 1 tbs chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Wash beetroot and leave skins on. Peel garlic. Season beetroot and garlic with sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Place beetroot and garlic in baking tray for about 45 minutes or until a skewer can easily be inserted into the flesh.
- When beetroot and garlic are cool enough to touch, peel and roughly chop.
- Put roasted, chopped beetroot and garlic in a blender and blend with all other ingredients (except coconut milk) until smooth. Transfer to saucepan and heat soup through.
- Add coconut milk and stir gently until all soup is heated.
- When soup is ready, ladle into individual soup bowls and garnish with 1/2 tbs of yoghurt and a sprinkle of chives for each person.