Chicken & Carrot Salad
Published on November 13, 2016
With Richard Valentine, Sourced Grocer
Styling by Alice Lindley | Image by Leah Desborough
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 3 large purple carrots, peeled
- 150g shelled peas
- 150g shelled broad beans
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 2 tbsn tahini
- 2 tbsn yoghurt
- 2 tbsn lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Place chicken in the water and bring back to the boil. Once boiling, place a lid on the saucepan and take off the heat. Leave the chicken in the water for 1.5 hours to continue cooking and cool. Once cool, cut the chicken into 1cm strips.
- Blanch peas and broad beans by dropping into boiling water for a minute, then putting them in a bowl of cold water. Set aside.
- Shave the carrots with a peeler to create ribbons.
- To make the dressing, place tahini, yoghurt and lemon juice in a bowl and stir with a whisk. Add a dash of water if needed to create the consistency of pouring cream.
- To serve: mix carrots, peas and beans and place on a platter. Drizzle with the tahini dressing and arrange chicken on top. Garnish with mint leaves and season to taste.