Recipe courtesy of Patricia of Spanish Learning Centre, Highgate Hill
Chicken Chorizo Paella
Published on November 13, 2016
- 1 large chicken breast or 2 small (cut in big pieces)
- 12 pieces of chicken wings (cut the end of and divided in two)
- 2 Spanish Chorizos
- 2 Medium size onions in squares
- ½ Garlic bulb (pressed)
- 4 Medium size fresh tomatoes or a can of tomatoes
- 1 Red capsicum
- ½ Kilo peas
- 2 Mug Calasparra rice (special rice for paella)
- 2 Mugs of water and 2 mugs of chicken stock
- 4 Spoon of fresh lemon juice
- 6 Lemon’s wedges to garnish
- ½ Mug olive oil
- Replace the chicken with the meat of your choice, lamb and rabbit go well together. Use the same procedures.
- Heat the oil in the paellera pan and fry onions and garlic.
- Add the chorizo, the chicken and paella spices, fry until the chicken is almost cooked.
- Add the rice, the mug of water and the mug of chicken stock (add the tomatoes and capsicum if you like your vegetables well cooked, stir all gently while the pan has all the liquid)
- When the rice starts coming up to the surface add the tomatoes and the capsicum (if you do not like overcooked vegetables, mix them in gently but don’t stir)
- Add the peas, add the lemon juice at the end all over the paella and decorate with the lemon wedges.