Family owned Australian business, Luv-a-Duck, is Australia’s leading duck producer. Their aim is to demystify all the common misconceptions about cooking with duck at home make by making duck affordable and easy to use. Duck is a much loved but often misunderstood meat, so Luv-a-Duck has developed a range of simple recipes and “duck hacks” that simplify cooking with the delicious protein for everyday home cooks. This recipe for Duck Stroganoff revamps the classic hearty, winter meal.
Published on June 27, 2018
- 4 Luv-a-Duck Confit Duck Legs
- 3/4 cup Luv-a-Duck Duck Stock
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g Swiss button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche or sour cream
- Cooked pasta, to serve
- Fresh parsley, to serve
- Remove duck fat from packet and place duck fat in a large pan. Add legs, skin side down, and cook until browned all over. Remove to a plate, roughly shred and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Using the same pan, add the onion, garlic and mushrooms to pan and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add paprika and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Return duck legs to the pan and pour in wine, stock and add mustard and tomato paste. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until duck is warmed through. Stir in
crème fraiche. Serve stroganoff with pasta and fresh parsley.