Recipe and image from Mr Hong by Dan Hong (Murdoch Books) $49.99 available now.
Grilled Corn with Lime and Parmesan
Published on November 13, 2016
- 6 cobs of corn, each cut into 3 pieces
- 2 limes halved
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only
- 100g wedge of parmasen, for grating
- SEASONED CREAM
- 500g Japanese Mayonnaise
- 500g Sour Cream
- 1 ½ tbsn ground cumin
- 3 tbsn shichimi togarashi
- Whisk all of the seasoned cream ingredients together in a bowl until combined. Set aside in the fridge.
- Steam or boil the pieces of corn until tender. Put on a hot chargrill pan or barbecue and cook, turning three of four times, until the kernels are a little bit charred.
- Remove from the grill and stab one end of each piece of corn with a short cocktail skewer that has little handles.
- Liberally brush each piece of corn with the seasoned cream and arrange them on a platter.
- Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the top, making sure each piece of corn gets some.
- Scatter with coriander and then use a microplane to grate a liberal amount of parmesan over the top.