Published on November 13, 2016
- 150g packet cooked Fraser Isle Spanner Crab meat
- 2 cups grated green papaya
- ¼ cup fresh coconut shavings or bought coconut flakes, toasted
- 12 baby choi sum leaves, betal leaves or cos lettuce leaves
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 birds-eye chilli, sliced
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbs raw sugar
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 50g Yarra Valley Salmon caviar
- ¼ cup Thai basil leaves or basil leaves
- 1. Remove crab meat from the packet, gently mix the crab meat with its own tasty liquor.
- 2. In a pestle and mortar grind garlic, chilli and salt to a paste. Add sugar, fish sauce and lime.
- 3. Mix this paste/dressing with the grated papaya. Set aside.
- 4. Wash the choi sum, betal or cos leaves, then dry.
- 5. Place a small amount of papaya in the centre of the leaves, top with Fraser Isle Spanner Crab, then garnish with salmon caviar, basil and toasted coconut.