Pear & Endive Salad
Published on November 13, 2016
With Richard Valentine, Sourced Grocer
Styling by Alice Lindley | Image by Leah Desborough
- 2 medium Williams Pears, cut into fine wedges
- 3 sticks of celery, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 red endive lettuce
- 1 green endive lettuce
- 100g hazelnuts, chopped roughly
- Small handful of parsley, chopped
- Tender celery leaves
- 500ml pear juice
- 1 tbsn raw sugar
- 2 tbsn good olive oil
- To make the dressing, place pear juice in a saucepan over high heat and reduce until a quarter of liquid remains. Place all ingredients in a bowl and combine. Set aside.
- Separate the leaves of both endives. Mix carefully with pears and celery pieces. Place on a platter and sprinkle hazelnuts over the top. To serve: pour dressing over the top of pears and endives, and garnish with parsley and tender celery leaves.