Recipe and photo by Australian Macadamias
Prawn Salad with Caramelised Macadamias
Published on November 13, 2016
- Caramelised macadamias
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup macadamias, roughly chopped
- MACADAMIA SALAD DRESSING
- 1/4 cup macadamia oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 large cooked prawns, peeled leaving tails intact
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- 4 radishes, finely sliced
- 750g watermelon, cut into 3cm wide wedges, rind removed
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, torn
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- To make the caramelised macadamias, combine sugar and water in a bowl. Add macadamias and toss to coat in the sugar mixture. Place the nuts on the baking tray and roast for 8 minutes or until crisp and caramelised. Set aside to cool.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a glass jar with a lid and shake well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the prawns, onion, chillies and radishes and pour over the dressing. Lay the watermelon wedges on a serving plate and top with feta and the prawn mixture. Sprinkle with caramelised macadamias and mint leaves. Serve immediately.