Quail with Potatoes
Published on September 22, 2017
Warm yourself up with this simple and easy to follow Italian dish: Quails with Potatoes. Tender quail is the star of the show, with a dash of basil evoking the flavours of Naples.
-Recipe by Johnny Di Francesco in Food of Naples- Authentic Italian Cuisine (New Holland Publishers, RRP $45.00)
- 4 quails
- 250 ml (9 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 potatoes, quartered
- 13 peeled tomatoes
- 250 ml (9 fl oz) white wine
- 1 handful basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peperoncino (fresh chilli optional ), to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and simmer until transparent.
- Add the quail and cook on one side for 3-5 minutes, the turn over.
- Add the white wine and pepper to taste.
- Add the potato, cover with a lid and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the tomato evenly over the quails, then add basil. Cook for about 10 minutes, then add salt to taste.
- Continue to cook for approximately 25-30 minutes.