Recipe by Matthew Stubbling and Andrea Contin, 1889 Enoteca
Published on November 13, 2016
- Rib Eye Fillets
- Beetroot and Horseradish Puree:
- 500gm whole beetroots
- 80gm fresh grated horseradish
- 150gm mascarpone
- Salt and pepper
- Porcini Sauce:
- 50gm dried porcini
- 100ml water
- 20ml olive oil
- 500ml beef stock
- 50gm butter
- Heavily salt. Pan sear until dark golden crust achieved. Serve medium rare.
- Boil beetroot whole with skin on until tender. Remove from water. Peel beetroot and blitz in food processor. Then place beetroot puree in muslin cloth and hang for six hours. Reserve liquid.
- Place puree in a bowl and fold through seasoning and remaining ingredients. If too thick, add some of reserved liquid. Serve with mustard, rosemary salt and pepper.
- Rehydrate porcini in water, strain and reserve liquid. Reduce liquid by two thirds. Sautee porcini in olive oil, add beef stock and porcini water. Reduce until 150ml is reached, remove from heat and stir in butter.