Published on November 13, 2016
- 500gm veal back strap (cleaned & trimmed)
- 100gm butter
- 10 sage leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Tuna Mayo:
- 3 eggs yolks
- 30ml chardonnay vinegar
- 30gm Dijon mustard
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 150gm cooked tuna, finely chopped
- 1. Melt butter in pan on low heat.
- 2. Add sage and lightly seal veal.
- 3. Then very slowly roast veal on 180ºC until medium rare is achieved.
- 4. Rest and chill.
- 5. Slice thinly.
- 6. Whisk together the egg yolks, vinegar and mustard.
- 7. While whisking, slowly drizzle in oil to make mayo.
- 8. Fold tuna into mayo. Add lemon juice and season.
- 9. Serve with chopped olives, grilled diced zucchini, capers and parsley.