Recipe by Jodie Blight, Summer Table
Mediterranean Red Peppers
Published on November 13, 2016
- 6 whole roasted red peppers
- 400 g roast beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800 g crushed tomatoes (2 tins)
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 30 kalamata olives
- 200 g feta, crumbled
- 1 handful basil leaves, chopped (optional)
- 1. Drain peppers from jar and choose the four best peppers for stuffing. You will need another 2 roasted peppers, diced, for the mixture.
- 2. Finely chop beef in the food processor.
- 3. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium–high heat and cook chopped onion until tender.
- 4. Add garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- 5. Add tomatoes, 2 diced roasted peppers, chilli flakes, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 6. Simmer for about 5 minutes. If too dry, add ¼ cup of water.
- 7. Add chopped beef and stir until heated through.
- 8. Stir through olives and crumbled feta.
- 9. Stuff peppers with meat mixture and serve on a platter topped with chopped basil and more feta if you like.
- 10. TIP: If you are using fresh minced beef instead, add mince to frying pan after cooking onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until brown all over (breaking up any lumps as you go). Drain off any fat from the pan, and continue with the recipe.
- 11. For more delicious recipes like this, visit www.hellotable.com.au.