Owner and chef of Putia Pure Food Kitchen, Dominique Rizzo opts for a healthy whole food philosophy based on simple techniques and locally sourced fresh produce. Dominique’s core focus is to design a menu that supports modern society and offers a variety of fresh lifestyle choices, food allergies and specific dietary requirements. Her menu features her signature herb and mozzarella bagels.
Herb + Mozzarella Bagels
- ¾ cup (68 g) almond flour
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups grated mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- ¼ cup chopped herbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Sesame seeds to taste
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Melt the cream cheese and mozzarella together slowly in a pot over a medium-low heat until completely smooth and well combined, remove from heat once melted.
- Mix together the almond flour, herbs and xantham gum in a bowl. Then add the egg and mix together until just combined.
- Pour in the melted cheese and working quickly blend together until completely combined. The mixture will be a little bit sticky so have some extra almond flour on hand.
- Split your dough into 3 pieces and roll into round logs, make circles with each log in the shape of a bagel and join them together and place on a baking tray.
- Place bagels on a greased baking tray in the oven for about 15 minutes until golden. The tops should go golden brown.
- Take the bagels out of the oven and allow to cool. If you like your bagels toasted, cut them in half lengthwise and place back in the oven until slightly golden and toasty.
- Spread bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon or bacon, add a few rocket leaves or your favourite greens and enjoy.
- Once cooked and cooled the bagels can be wrapped in plastic and frozen up to 4 weeks, defrost before cutting and toasting.