Protein Chickpea Cookie Bites
Published on March 29, 2018
1 and 1/2 cup chickpeas (canned or cooked, measure after cooking)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of Himalayan salt
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place the chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract and maple syrup or honey in a food processor. Process until well combined and smooth. Depending on your food processor you will have to scrape down the sides with a spatula one or more times.
- Add almond flour, baking powder and salt and pulse blend until everything is combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Wet your hands (this will avoid the dough sticking to your hands) and start forming bite-sized balls. Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and gently press each ball with your fingers to make it more cookie-shaped.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (or until golden brown) in 180C.
- Place the cookie bites on a rack and let cool completely before eating (they will harden in the outside and become more solid).