Vegan Choc Protein Cookies
Published on March 29, 2018
Kick those sugar cravings to the curb with this super easy, delicious Vegan Chocolate Chunk Protein Cookies recipe. These will help you get through the Easter holidays while still keeping you on track to reaching your fitness goals, courtesy of FitAzFk!
1/2 cup vegan butter
1/4 cup applesauce (this is your egg replacement and can be purchased from the supermarket)
3/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp arrowroot (or Tapioca flour)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp chocolate protein powder
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
1 cup gluten free baking flour
3/4 cup blanched almond flour
Dark chocolate chips to taste (somewhere between 1/2 cup – 1 cup should be perfect!)
- Add vegan butter (softened) to a mixing bowl.
- Add applesauce to the bowl and mix together by mashing with a fork.
- Add coconut sugar to the bowl and mix well with your fork.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add arrowroot, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Add cocoa powder and protein powder and mix again.
- Add melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Add gluten free flour (1/2 cup at a time) while continuing to mix.
- Add blanched almond flour and mix well until your cookie dough is thick and cookie-dough like.
- Store in fridge for at least an hour before baking.
- After the hour or so finishes, scoop out cookie dough into even-sized balls.
- Roll in between hands and gently flatten, placing them onto baking paper lined tray.
- Bake on 180C until slightly crisp around the edge. This happens very quickly! In The FitazFK oven, it takes 7 minutes every time. So, keep a close eye and don’t go very far!
- As soon as you take them out, they will slightly soften, especially around the centre, so allow them to cool for a few minutes before moving them. They will firm up during this time.