Family owned Australian business, Luv-a-Duck, is Australia’s leading duck producer. Their aim is to demystify all the common misconceptions about cooking with duck at home make by making duck affordable and easy to use. Duck is a much loved but often misunderstood meat, so Luv-a-Duck has developed a range of simple recipes and “duck hacks” that simplify cooking with the delicious protein for everyday home cooks. Here is the recipe for a delicious Duck Ragu.
- 4 Luv-a-Duck Roast Duck Legs
- 3/4 cup Luv-a-Duck Duck stock
- 2 tbsp Luv-a-Duck Duck Fat
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 375g fettuccine pasta
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Heat duck fat in a large heavy base saucepan. Add duck legs in two batches, skin side down, and cook until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and thyme and cook for 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Pour in wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Return duck legs to pan. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered for 1 1/2 hours or until duck falls away easily from the bone. Using tongs, remove the duck legs and roughly shred. Return meat to sauce and discard bones.
- Cook pasta in plenty of boiling water until al dente. Serve with duck ragu sauce and shaved Parmesan.