Family owned Australian business, Luv-a-Duck, is Australia’s leading duck producer. Their aim is to demystify all the common misconceptions about cooking with duck at home make by making duck affordable and easy to use. Duck is a much loved but often misunderstood meat, so Luv-a-Duck has developed a range of simple recipes and “duck hacks” that simplify cooking with the delicious protein for everyday home cooks. This recipe for Duck Stroganoff revamps the classic hearty, winter meal.
- 4 Luv-a-Duck Confit Duck Legs
- 3/4 cup Luv-a-Duck Duck Stock
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g Swiss button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche or sour cream
- Cooked pasta, to serve
- Fresh parsley, to serve
- Remove duck fat from packet and place duck fat in a large pan. Add legs, skin side down, and cook until browned all over. Remove to a plate, roughly shred and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Using the same pan, add the onion, garlic and mushrooms to pan and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add paprika and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Return duck legs to the pan and pour in wine, stock and add mustard and tomato paste. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until duck is warmed through. Stir in
crème fraiche. Serve stroganoff with pasta and fresh parsley.