Need a dinner in a hurry, but not willing to compromise on taste? This dish will only take 25 minutes in the kitchen, and boasts delicious flavours.
Honey Spiced Pork
- 2 large pork steaks
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 6 large kale leaves
- Dijon mustard
- Chilli flakes
- 1 lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 200°c.
- Slice the sweet potato into thin wedges about 1 centimetre thick.
- Lay the wedges on an oven tray lined with greaseproof paper, and drizzle with salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, turning halfway.
- Slice the stalks off the kale then blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove and refresh under cold water, shaking off excess water.
- Season pork steaks well with salt and chilli flakes. In a hot pan with a little oil, fry the steaks for six minutes on one side, then turn and cook for two minutes on the other side. Squeeze a little honey and lemon juice over the top of each one then remove from heat and leave to rest for two minutes.
- While the pork is resting, spoon a dollop of Dijon mustard over each one and spread evenly, adding a kick as the juices release from the meat.
- Roughly slice the pork and the kale leaves diagonally, then toss together in a mixing bowl.
- Spoon the resting juices over the top, along with some fresh lemon juice.
- Serve with the sweet potato chips.
For more healthy recipes like this follow Richard Kerrigan The Beach Life on Instagram @rkthebeachlife